I wrote last year about Wendy's and the #TreatItFwd campaign last year around Father’s Day. It’s that time again, and again Wendy’s is making donations to Wendy’s Wonderful Kids, part of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, which helps find permanent adoption homes for children in foster care. They go through a wide variety of avenue to accomplish this from education to supporting adoption agencies throughout the US and Canada to sponsoring A Homes for the Holidays, an annual CBS special on foster care and adoption featuring stories from some children and musical guests.
Last year, this campaign raised $1.4 million, and they want to beat that total this year, but they need you to help. And it’s easy (and yummy).
Every tweet or retweet using the hashtag #TreatItFwd between now and June 17 is a $0.50 donation. You do tweet, don’t you?
This year, there is a special mobile-friendly website where you can check in at your local Wendy’s, and Wendy’s will donate $0.50 to Wendy’s Wonderful Kids. Simply visit the Wendy’s check in site and check in on June 16 or 17.
And you’ll already be at Wendy’s this weekend anyway, right? Because with every Frosty purchased (originals, parfaits, shakes, and floats), $0.50 goes to Wendy’s Wonderful Kids.
Now wouldn’t that make a great Father’s Day gift? I know where we’ll be stopping this weekend.
Do you need another excuse? I have a Wendy's gift card to give away to one lucky reader who can go enjoy a couple yummy Frosties courtesy TheMotherhood. So what do you have to do to win? First of all, let me stress that you must follow all the rules. If you do not follow the rules, your entry will not count!
This contest is open until Wednesday June 27 at 7pm CST. I must have a valid way to reach you, so leave me your email address in your comment or be sure your profile has your email address visible. No duplicate comments will count. This giveaway is open to US residents age 18 and older. Winners will be selected via random.org and must respond within 48 hours of being notified by me or I will select a new winner.
Mandatory Entry: Tell me - if you could donate $0.50 to any cause in the world, what would it be?
Bonus Entries (leave a comment for each entry - if you put it all in one comment, I'll count it as one entry):
1) Earn one additional entry for following me on Twitter, then tweeting this contest with the following tweet: "Win a @Wendys gift card from @honestandtruly. Tweet #TreatitFwd by 6/17 & you donate $0.50 to @DTFA too http://bit.ly/MrVcwD" (leave a link to your tweet as your comment and make sure you do all the steps!)
2) Earn one additional entry by following this review blog publicly via Google Friend Connect.
3) Earn one additional entry by following my “regular” blog Honest & Truly! publicly via Google Friend Connect.
4) Earn one additional entry by liking Honest & Truly! on Facebook. (Yay, it's legal again, so long as you know you have to leave a comment here to enter and that simply liking me isn't the entry, along with acknowledging the fact that Facebook has nothing to do with this giveaway whatsoever.
5) Earn an additional entry by putting me in your Google Plus circle. Am I already in your G+ circle? No problem - just leave a comment letting me know that you've added me or already have me there.
In the interest of full disclosure, I was provided with a Wendy's gift card to go buy a Frosty this weekend via TheMotherhood. I have not received any compensation, and as always, all opinions expressed remain my own.