It's not even Halloween, and already a friend of mine asked if I am working with Feld Entertainment on promoting the annual Chicago visit of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Circus to both Allstate Arena and the United Center. The good news? Yes, I am. And yes, she has already bought her circus tickets with the discount I have to share.
This year's big top features the show Dragons, one I know Mister Man will be excited to see. The show celebrates the Year of the Dragon, and brings together mystic dragon lore and authentic circus feats. The show will once again start at Allstate Arena before moving to the United Center. One new thing this year? The Allstate Arena joins the United Center in offering free parking in the official lots, making this year even more of a treat than ever.
The shows at Allstate Arena run:
Thursday November 1 at 7pm - $12 tickets for opening night!
Friday November 2 at 10:30am and 7pm
Saturdays November 3 and 10 at 11:30am, 3:30pm, and 7:30pm
Sundays November 4 and 11 at 1pm and 5pm - special Spanish language concert after the 5pm show and tickets are $5 more
Wednesday through Friday November 7-9 at 7pm
The shows at the United Center are:
Wednesday November 14 at 7pm - $12 opening night tickets
Thursday and Friday November 15 and 16 at 10:30am and 7pm
Friday November 23 and Saturdays November 17 and 24 at 11:30am, 3:30pm, and 7:30pm
Sundays November 18 and 25 at 1pm and 5pm - special Spanish language concert after the 5pm show and tickets are $5 more
Tuesday November 20 at 7pm
Wednesday November 21 at 2pm and 7pm
The show is fun for all ages, with a free all-access preshow for 90 minutes before the start of the performance. All ticket holders are invited to the arena floor for the Power Party where you can meet your favorite performers and animals.
Tickets range from $13 to $90 for the Circus Celebrity tickets (where you and your family are actually a part of the circus and which sell out quickly!), but I have a 40% discount code for weekday shows and 20% off all weekend shows. Simply enter the promo code MOM when you order your tickets. (Fine print: Weekday is defined as any show Monday through Thursday or Friday matinee, not including holidays such as the day after Thanksgiving. Discount does not apply to Circus Celebrity, Front Row, or VIP seats. No double discounts. Service charges, handling, and facility fees may apply.)
So are you ready to head off to the big top? I have a family pack of tickets to give away for your choice of shows: at Allstate Arena on Thursday, November 1 at 7pm or Friday, November 2 at 10:30am or at United Center on Wednesday November 14 at 7pm. First of all, let me stress that you must follow all the rules. If you do not follow the rules, your entry will not count!
This contest is open until Thursday October 25 at 7pm CST. I must have a valid way to reach you, so leave me your email address in your comment or be sure your profile has your email address visible. No duplicate comments will count. This giveaway is open to US residents age 18 and older. Winners will be selected via random.org and must respond within 24 hours of being notified by me or I will select a new winner.
Mandatory Entry: Tell me - what is your favorite circus act?
Bonus Entries (leave a comment for each entry - if you put it all in one comment, I'll count it as one entry):
1) Earn one additional entry for following me on Twitter, then tweeting this contest with the following tweet: "Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® is coming to Chicago. Win tickets via @honestandtruly. http://bit.ly/W7STUf #ChiRingling" (leave a link to your tweet as your comment and make sure you do all the steps!)
2) Earn one additional entry by following this review blog publicly via Google Friend Connect.
3) Earn one additional entry by following my “regular” blog Honest & Truly! publicly via Google Friend Connect.
4) Earn one additional entry by liking Honest & Truly! on Facebook. (Yay, it's legal again, so long as you know you have to leave a comment here to enter and that simply liking me isn't the entry, along with acknowledging the fact that Facebook has nothing to do with this giveaway whatsoever.
5) Earn an additional entry by putting me in your Google Plus circle. Am I already in your G+ circle? No problem - just leave a comment letting me know that you've added me or already have me there.
In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Feld Family Ambassador. As such, I am receiving complimentary tickets to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Circus as part of my outreach. I am not otherwise compensated. As always, all opinions expressed remain my own.